Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The People of the Parish: Denise


Everyone has a story. Wherever we go in the community, we meet people who know someone assisted by St. Bernard Project. We stopped for a bite of pizza and began chatting with Denise. Her father, Joe, moved back into his house with the assistance of St. Bernard Project. Sadly, Joe passed away in March of this year.

Denise held up a picture of devastation in her neighborhood. Katrina lifted houses off their foundations, and displaced homes, cars, campers, and storage sheds throughout the area's streets.

2 comments:

Cathy Gregory said...

Way to go Meyer Ladies! I would love to help you and are so thrilled you are providing this opportunity. Let me know when your next trip to New Orleans is and count me in!

Cindy said...

Hi, Cathy. I can't wait for our next trip! I'll keep you posted on the date for the next trip.