Four Evergreen State College students are working on internship contracts during the 2008-2009 academic year to raise funds and recruit volunteers for St. Bernard Project - a non-profit working to rebuild homes in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana three years post-Katrina.
- For more information about St. Bernard Project, go to www.stbernardproject.org.
- For more information about our efforts, please contact us at email@example.com
Here is a summary of what we're working on now:
Betsy is coordinating fundraising efforts for St. Bernard Project:
- She hosted a soup kitchen at her work on October 9, raising $315 for St. Bernard Project, and will also host a "Jeans for New Orleans" day at work with proceeds of $5 per person to benefit St. Bernard Project.
- She is coordinating a Holiday Tea on December 14 to raise funds for high school students to travel to St. Bernard Parish to help in the rebuilding efforts.
- She is coordinating a Dinner Auction on March 7, 2009 to raise funds for St. Bernard Project. Zack Rosenburg and Liz McCartney, co-founders of St. Bernard Project, will be the guests of honor at this event!
Caitlin is producing a video about St. Bernard Project to use during community awareness events.
Jackie is coordinating outreach efforts in the Olympia area to raise community awareness about the continued need for help in the New Orleans area three years post-Katrina.
Cindy is coordinating volunteer groups to travel to St. Bernard Parish to rebuild homes:
- She and a friend are traveling to New Orleans October 12-15 to take part in Women Rebuild Week.
- She is coordinating a group of high school students to travel to St. Bernard Parish in April 2009
- She is coordinating a volunteer work group to travel to St. Bernard Parish in May 2009